Trade Shows, Events, and Content Creation Most Successful Tactics for B2B Tech Marketers
New UBM Tech Research Delves into Marketing Priorities, Challenges, and Budgets for 2015
Jan 26, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's Create Your Next Customer released results from its latest survey, the 2015 Tech Marketing Priorities Report. The report analyzes results from a research study of more than 380 technology marketing professionals across North America with the intention of understanding what drives their event, digital, and content strategies for 2015.
Key Research Findings:
- The top marketing priorities in 2015 are customer acquisition and improving brand awareness.
- Trade shows and events, and content creation are rated the most successful marketing tactics.
- More than one third of technology marketers expect their event budgets to increase; on average, technology marketers plan to exhibit at seven industry events in 2015.
- Nearly two thirds plan to increase their digital marketing budgets; the 65% who expect a budget increase is nearly double 2014's estimates.
- The top technology marketing challenges in 2015 are producing content that engages (58%), and the inability to measure content effectiveness (56%). More than half of respondents plan to increase the amount of marketing personnel resources devoted to content creation and management.
- The two content formats rated most effective by technology marketers are case studies and white papers.
To achieve marketing goals, technology marketers will need to implement an integrated marketing strategy with both face-to-face and digital tactics to drive brand awareness and leads for sales. The research explores the metrics that marketers use to gauge the effectiveness of their events and content marketing, and specifically the content formats that perform best.
For full access to the research data, please visit:
About Create Your Next Customer
Create Your Next Customer is UBM Tech's dedicated resource for technology marketing insights, best practices and solutions. The site allows technology marketers to have complete access to UBM Tech's portfolio of marketing services for our award-winning brands, including InformationWeek, Interop, and Game Developer Conference (GDC).
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech's community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, and Game Developers communities. UBM Tech's brands include Black Hat, Dark Reading, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), GTEC, HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.
Contact: Hilary Jansen, email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/trade-shows-events-and-content-creation-most-successful-tactics-for-b2b-tech-marketers-300024978.html
SOURCE UBM Tech