Black Hat USA 2015 Opens Registration and Call for Papers
World's Leading Information Security Event Returns to Las Vegas August 1-6; Brings Back Student Scholarships and EFF Support
Feb 11, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Black Hat, the world's leading family of information security events, opens Registration and Call for Papers (CFP) for Black Hat USA 2015. Returning to Las Vegas for the 18th year, Black Hat will celebrate the very latest in information security research, development and trends. This year's show will run August 1–6, 2015 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Registration for Black Hat USA 2015 is now open. Be sure to take advantage of early registration prices by June 5, 2015.
- To register as an attendee, visit: blackhat.com/us-15/registration.html.
- To register as credentialed media, visit: blackhat.com/us-15/media-registration.html.
Call for Papers (CFP) is now open. Black Hat is seeking groundbreaking vendor-neutral research for this year's Briefings, the heart of each annual show. Potential speakers can submit for traditional Briefings that are 25 or 50-minutes in length, and/or workshops (hands-on labs and presentations), that are 100-minute sessions. The deadline for submissions is March 16, 2015 but early submissions are encouraged. For more information on Call for Papers, visit: blackhat.com/us-15/call-for-papers.html.
Student Scholarships + Giving Back to Community: Black Hat, driven by and for security community, believes that fostering the next generation of security professionals is of critical importance. Continuing this history:
- For every Briefing accepted for Black Hat USA 2015, Black Hat will provide two Academic Passes, including full access to Black Hat USA's Briefings free of charge, for that session's speakers to distribute to qualified students.
- The Black Hat USA Student Scholarships are back for 2015. Black Hat will be awarding a limited number of complimentary Academic Passes to qualified students who submit top essays. More information on guidelines and deadline to come.
- For every Business Pass sold, Black Hat will donate $100 to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) up to a maximum of $50,000 in support of their important work - including pro-bono legal consultations around 'responsible disclosure' for Black Hat speakers and trainers onsite.
For more information and to get your registration or Briefings submission started for Black Hat USA 2015, please visit: blackhat.com/us-15/.
Sponsors of Black Hat USA 2015 include Diamond Sponsors: FireEye, Lieberman Software, Qualys, RSA, and Tenable Network Security; Platinum Plus Sponsors: AlienVault, Cisco, Digital Guardian by Verdasys, General Dynamics Fidelis Cybersecurity Solutions, HP, Lockheed Martin, LogRhythm, Palo Alto Networks, Raytheon and Webroot; Platinum Sponsors: Accuvant, Bromium, Core Security, Fortinet, IBM, Proofpoint, Tripwire, and ZeroFOX.
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat Asia 2015, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, March 24-27, 2015
- Black Hat Mobile Security Summit London 2015, ExCel London, London, UK, June 16-18, 2015
- Black Hat USA 2015, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, August 1-6, 2015
- Black Hat Europe 2015, Amsterdam RAI, Amsterdam, NL, November 10-13, 2015
Connect with Black Hat
- Twitter: twitter.com/BlackHatEvents- hashtag #BlackHat or #BHUSA
- Facebook: facebook.com/blackhat
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=37658
- Flickr: flickr.com/photos/blackhatevents/
About Black Hat
For more than 17 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia, and are produced by UBM Tech. More information is available at: http://www.blackhat.com.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech's community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, and Game and App Developers communities. UBM Tech's brands include Black Hat, Dark Reading, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), GTEC, HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150211/174822LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/black-hat-usa-2015-opens-registration-and-call-for-papers-300034316.html
SOURCE UBM Tech
For further information: Meredith Corley, Black Hat Public Relations, Meredith.Corley@ubm.com