Black Hat to Launch Exclusive Information Security Executive Summit
Invitation-only event will bring together top thought leaders and executives, Dec. 8-10 in Scottsdale, AZ
May 6, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO, May 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Save the date! Today, Black Hat, the world's leading family of information security events, announced the newest event to the 2015 lineup: the Black Hat Executive Summit. This invitation-only event will welcome the most recognized information security thought leaders and top-level executive attendees for two and a half days of collaboration, networking and strategic sharing on the state of industry. The Black Hat Executive Summit will take place December 8-10, 2015 at the Omni Montelucia Resort in Scottsdale, AZ. For the latest event happenings and to receive notice when registration opens, join the official mailing list: blackhat.com/exec-15/mailing-list.html.
Over the course of two days, senior executives will hear from some of the top minds in the security world, participating in high-level discussions on practical applications and real-world scenarios. The content will be selected by the prestigious Black Hat Executive Summit Advisory Board, comprised of six leading security authorities including:
- Jeff Moss: Founder of Black Hat and DEF CON Conferences and former Chief Security Officer and VP at ICANN
- Rod Beckstrom: Former President and CEO at ICANN as well as the founding Director of the U.S. National Cybersecurity Center and co-Author of the best-selling book, "The Starfish and the Spider: The Unstoppable Power of Leaderless Organizations."
- Richard Bejtlich: Chief Security Strategist, FireEye, former Chief Security Officer for Mandiant and a nonresident senior fellow at the Brookings Institution
- Brian Gillooly: Editor-in-Chief of Content and Strategy, UBM Tech and former Editor-in-Chief for InformationWeek events
- Dr. John Johnson: Global Security Strategist and Security Architect for John Deere
- Jane Holl Lute: Chief Executive Officer, the Center for Internet Security (CIS) and former Deputy Secretary for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
You can read more on the Black Hat Executive Summit Advisory Board here: blackhat.com/exec-advisory-board.html.
For more information on sponsoring the Black Hat Executive Summit, visit: blackhat.com/exec-15/sponsors.html.
More event information to come. For now – SAVE THE DATE - December 8-10, 2015.
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat Mobile Security Summit London 2015, ExCel London, London, UK, June 16-18, 2015
- Black Hat USA 2015, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, NV, August 1-6, 2015
- Black Hat Europe 2015, Amsterdam RAI, Amsterdam, NL, November 10-13, 2015
- Black Hat Executive Summit 2015, Omni Montelucia Resort, Scottsdale, AZ, December 8-10, 2015
Connect with Black Hat
- Twitter: twitter.com/BlackHatEvents- hashtag #BlackHat Executive Summit
- Facebook: facebook.com/blackhat
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=37658
- Flickr: flickr.com/photos/blackhatevents/
About Black Hat
For more than 17 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia, and are produced by UBM Tech. More information is available at: http://www.blackhat.com.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech engages technology professionals live and online through its world-class brands, including Black Hat, InformationWeek, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), Dark Reading, HDI, GTEC, Network Computing and Interop. We're dedicated to fostering real engagement by creating environments where the technology industry can make connections, share insights, and network effectively. UBM Tech is the only media company that delivers large-scale industry events, leading online brands and content marketing services serving the Enterprise IT, Information Security, Game Development, Enterprise Communications and Technical Services and Support communities. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.
SOURCE UBM Tech
For further information: Meredith Corley, Black Hat Public Relations, Meredith.Corley@ubm.com