What's Next for IT? Startup City at Interop Las Vegas Showcases 10 Companies Driving the Future of Networking
Participants go Head to Head in Startup Hot Seat Pitching Sessions, May 4-5
Mar 3, 2016
SAN FRANCISCO, March 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Interop Las Vegas 2016 announces the 10 vendors selected to participate in Startup City, a new hub of IT innovation on the Expo floor. In its 30th year as the leading vendor neutral event for the IT community, Interop celebrates the Future of Networking by introducing up and coming vendors who are revitalizing enterprise tech.
Interop Las Vegas returns to the Mandalay Bay Convention Center May 2-6, 2016. For more information and to take advantage of Early Bird Pricing by March 18, visit: interop.com/lasvegas.
With more than 250 exhibitors, Interop hosts a sprawling marketplace of the hottest IT and networking solutions – from cloud to security to storage. Leveling the playing field for newcomers who are often overshadowed by tech giants, Interop launched Startup City to help connect emerging vendors with potential buyers and investors.
The companies selected to participate in Startup City 2016 include:
- Agora.io: Agora.io makes it easy to embed voice and video into mobile and web applications with unparalleled global reach and quality of experience.
- Ambedded Technology Co.: Ambedded Technology offers Software Defined Storage powered by ARM-based Microservers.
- AppFormix Inc.: AppFormix is a cloud service optimization platform that enables state-driven automation via real-time analytics, capacity planning, and orchestration tooling.
- BeaconGrid | Azert: BeaconGrid is a platform that lets mobile apps know who is where within commercial buildings.
- Cluster: ClusterHQ is a growing group of storage, networking and container experts solving one of the last great barriers to container adoption: support for data.
- Coolan: Coolan makes hardware operations at scale simple and easy to understand.
- Kentik: Kentik offers a leading SaaS & Big Data solution for NetFlow traffic visibility.
- NetBeez: NetBeez is a network monitoring solution that reduces wired and wireless network and application performance issues for multi-site enterprises.
- SimpleWan: SimpleWan brings enterprise class cybersecurity firewall technology to the small to medium size business space.
- Soha Systems: Soha Systems is an innovator of Enterprise Secure Access delivered as a service for data centers and hybrid cloud environments.
See the Startups Take the Hot Seat
Bringing their concepts and business plans to life, Startup City companies will pitch their cutting-edge technologies during three Startup Hot Seat sessions, directly on the exhibit floor. In each session, enterprise startups will take the stage. Each will be given eight minutes to share their innovative solutions to problems and answer tough questions from attendees and an expert panel. For more information about Startup City and Startup Hot Seat, visit: interop.com/lasvegas/special-events/startupcity.php
The Next Big Ideas Uncovered at the Future of Networking Summit
What else is in store for the IT community? Packet Pushers' Ethan Banks and Greg Ferro will present the two-day Future of Networking Summit. They'll take deep dives into the trends and developments that you cannot yet buy or deploy, but seem likely to impact the five and ten-year corporate strategy. The sessions carefully uncover pre-standard technology, unknown startups, emerging ideas and the next big thing – providing a glimpse into possible futures from both business and technology perspectives. For more information about the Future of Networking Summit, visit: interop.com/future-networking-summit-packet-pushers.
IT's Next Generation of Leaders Speak Up
Sometimes the ability to think creatively and take risks can outweigh experience. Interop will assemble a panel of some of the brightest IT stars under the age of 30 to talk about innovation, entrepreneurship, and making a reputation in the competitive tech landscape. The IT Trailblazers Under 30 Panel & Luncheon panelists include:
- Jamie Atchison | Director of Application Development, Association of Schools
- Katie Hempenius | Software Engineer, Fitbit
For more information about the IT Trailblazers Under 30 Panel, visit: info.interop.com/lasvegas/scheduler/session/it-trailblazers-under-30-panel-luncheon
The Interop Conference offers five days of world-class education from cutting edge speakers, exclusive strategic content, technical how-to resources, and an inside look at the practical application of emerging technologies.
For more information and to register for Interop, visit: interop.tech.ubm.com/lv/2016
Media Registration: interop.com/lasvegas/media-center
Interop is the leading global IT infrastructure event series, offering in-depth education alongside a showcase of emerging technologies in an independent, vendor-neutral environment. For 30 years, Interop has brought the IT community together to explore the latest in network infrastructure, encouraging collaboration, and interoperability. Through dynamic conference programs, Interop helps professionals at all career levels leverage the network, systems and applications that enable business innovation. The Interop Expo and InteropNet Demo Lab provide immersive, hands-on experiences, while connecting enterprise IT buyers with leading suppliers. Interop Las Vegas is the flagship event held each spring, with an annual event in Tokyo and Cloud Connect China in Shanghai. For more information, visit interop.com. Interop is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communications services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.
For further information: Jamie Miller, Interop PR, InteropPR@ubm.com