Black Hat USA Releases First Selected Talks for 2016: Auto, Mobile, Internet of Things
Early Registration Ends May 27 - Register Now to Save $400 on Briefings Pass
May 11, 2016
SAN FRANCISCO, May 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Black Hat, the world's leading family of information security events, announces the initial Briefings selected for what is expected to be one of the biggest years yet for Black Hat USA. Returning to Las Vegas for its 19th year, Black Hat will welcome the world's brightest information security professionals and researchers to reveal vulnerabilities that impact everything from popular operating systems to the cars we drive and industrial systems we rely on every day. This year's show will run July 30 – August 4, 2016 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. For more information and to save $400 on your Briefings Pass by May 27, please visit blackhat.com/us-16/.
Selected from the largest pool of submissions in Black Hat's history, the first batch of selected Briefings provide a glimpse into what will be one of the most impressive lineups the show has seen:
- Automotive vulnerabilities, including a new platform called CANSPY that gives security auditors the ability to block, forward or modify CAN frames (backbone for embedded computers found in smartcars) on the fly.
- Cryptography flaws, including nonce-reuse issues with the Galois/Counter Mode (GCM) algorithm that impact large corporations, financial institutions, and a credit card company; and examination of three large vulns stemming from "export-grade" cryptography in the last year—FREAK, Logjam, and Drown.
- Mobile (iOS and Android) hacks, including Samsung Pay; the vulnerable OAuth protocol; an examination of the internals of an iOS jailbreaking tool (including new vulns); and a new adaptive Android kernel live patching framework, to name a few.
- Internet of Things (IoT) issues, including a new BLE MITM proxy, a free open-source tool that opens a new chapter for IoT device exploitation; and an analysis of techniques utilized by law enforcement and the private sector, to measure and attribute attacks from sources such as embedded device botnets and booter/stresser services.
Be sure to check back for the latest Briefings schedule as they're added, here: blackhat.com/us-16/briefings/schedule.
Black Hat Trainings:
In addition to the renowned Briefings on the main stage, Black Hat USA 2016 will also offer more than 70 deeply technical hands-on Training sessions led by some of the most sought after security experts in the field. Running July 30 – August 2, the Black Hat Trainings offer attendees a separate set of courses on everything from broader offensive security to the latest in penetration testing, infrastructure hacking, mobile application security, analyzing automotive electrical systems, and everything in between. Take advantage of early registration prices for Trainings by May 27 and save $200 on your selected course(s): blackhat.com/us-16/training.
Black Hat Arsenal:
Back by popular demand for its seventh year, and running alongside the Briefings (August 3-4), the Black Hat Arsenal will offer researchers and the open source community a venue to demonstrate their latest and greatest work. The deadline to submit your latest demos and security tools is June 3, 2016 – get them in today: blackhat.com/us-16/special-events.html#arsenal.
Top sponsors of Black Hat USA 2016 include: Diamond Sponsors: FireEye, Forcepoint, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, LogRhythm, Qualys, RSA and Tenable Network Security; Platinum Plus Sponsors: AlienVault, Carbon Black, Cisco, Citrix Systems, CrowdStrike, Cylance, Digital Guardian, Fidelis Cybersecurity, Fortinet, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Palo Alto Networks, Symantec, and Webroot; and Platinum Sponsors: CloudPassage, Code42 Software, Core Security, Dark Matter, F5 Networks, IBM, iboss Cybersecurity, Optiv Security, Proofpoint, Inc., Raytheon Foreground Security, and Tripwire.
Connect with Black Hat
- Twitter: twitter.com/BlackHatEvents- #BlackHat #BHUSA
- Facebook: facebook.com/blackhat
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=37658
- Flickr: flickr.com/photos/blackhatevents/
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat USA 2016, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, July 30 - August 4, 2016
- Black Hat Europe 2016, Business Design Centre, London, England, November 1-4, 2016
- Black Hat Asia 2017, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, March 28-31, 2017
About Black Hat
For more than 18 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communications services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.
SOURCE UBM Americas
For further information: Black Hat Public Relations, BlackHatPR@ubm.com