Virtual Reality Developers Conference Wraps its Sold Out Inaugural Event
Leading Virtual Reality Creators from Around the World Joined in San Francisco to Hear from Some of the Brightest Minds & Leading Vendors in the Industry
Nov 4, 2016
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Virtual Reality Developers Conference (VRDC), the premier event for creators of immersive Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) experiences, has wrapped its highly anticipated first standalone event. Welcoming more than 750 professionals from all over the world, the sold out conference featured a program packed with immersive sessions covering the latest trends and topics within this fast-growing industry.
The event's unprecedented Advisory Board, comprised of 11 top names in VR, were tasked with reviewing and selecting the very best content for this year's program.
- More than 750 professionals attended VRDC, with representatives from nearly 30 countries including Japan, UK, France, Mexico, Germany, Thailand, South Korea and more.
- The VRDC Partner Lounge was buzzing with vendors displaying their latest innovations. Key industry players including Google VR, Microsoft, FOVE, Intel, Morph3D, HTC VIVE, Viveport and more displayed their technologies.
- The event's schedule offered sessions covering government, healthcare, entertainment, retail and more. NASA, The White House, Google, IBM and more led anticipated talks spanning critical industry topics.
- Representatives from major platform holders encompassed the event's new Advisory Board: Google (Noah Falstein), Oculus (Robert Stevenson), Valve (Chet Faliszek), Sony Interactive Entertainment (Richard Marks), and Magic Leap (Graeme Devine), as well as creators behind experiences like Job Simulator (Alex Schwartz, Owlchemy Labs), Fantastic Contraption (Colin Northway) & VR experience experts like Jazmin Cano (High Fidelity), Timoni West (Unity Labs), Tracey John (Minds + Assembly) & Christina Heller (VR Playhouse).
"After a successful launch alongside GDC, we knew a solo event for the VR community would meet the needs and interests of our dedicated audience - VRDC did not disappoint," said Meggan Scavio, General Manager, GDC and VRDC. "Our conference hosted an incredible group of professionals spanning different countries, industries, and key companies truly passionate about this booming industry. We could not be more pleased with the outcome of VRDC and are thrilled to grow the events in 2017 on the heels of such successful launches."
What's Next for VRDC?
- VRDC will take place February 27-28, 2017 alongside the Game Developers Conference (GDC) February 27- March 3, 2017 in San Francisco. VRDC@GDC will have two tracks covering VR/AR for games and entertainment.
- VRDC will return as a standalone event in the fall, covering innovative VR/AR use cases of all kinds, spanning an array of verticals and industries
Virtual Reality Developers Conference (VRDC)
The Virtual Reality Developers Conference (VRDC) brings together creators of amazing, immersive VR (and AR) experiences to share best practices and demo new technology. Brought to you by the organizers of the Game Developers Conference (GDC), VRDC taps expertise from game, entertainment, and tech fields to bring you the state of the art in producing content for virtual and augmented reality. VRDC@GDC covers games & entertainment, while VRDC Fall covers games entertainment, brand experience, and innovative use cases of all kinds. To learn more about VRDC@GDC and register, visit: www.gdconf.com/vrdc and to learn more about VRDC Fall visit vrdconf.com
About the UBM Game Network
A core provider of essential information to the professional game and VR/AR industries, the UBM Game Network drives community and business partnerships through market-defining content. Its award winning lineup of events and digital products and services include the Game Developers Conference®, the Virtual Reality Developers Conference, Gamasutra.com, GameCareerGuide.com, GDC Play, the Independent Games Festival and Summit, and the Game Developers Choice Awards. Visit: www.ubmgamenetwork.com for more information.
UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc, delivers events and marketing services in the fashion, technology, licensing, advanced manufacturing, automotive and powersports, healthcare, veterinary and pharmaceutical industries, among others. Through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital, UBM Americas increases business effectiveness for customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. The division also includes UBM Brazil's market leading events in construction, cargo transportation, logistics & international trade, and agricultural production; and UBM Mexico's construction, advanced manufacturing and hospitality services shows. For more information, visit: www.ubmamericas.com.
SOURCE Virtual Reality Developers Conference
For further information: Kimberly Samra, VRDCPR@ubm.com, 415-947-6362