UBM TechWeb Strengthens Mobile Capabilities Across Event Network
UBM TechWeb Drives Mobile Strategy Forward, Partners with DoubleDutch to Enhance Mobile User-Experience Onsite
Feb 9, 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM TechWeb announced a 2012 partnership agreement with DoubleDutch, strengthening the company's mobile strategy across the events network. DoubleDutch, an innovative developer of mobile productivity applications, in conjunction with UBM TechWeb live events, will offer attendees mobile access to relevant information such as custom agendas, interactive maps, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn integration, and more, to enhance attendees' onsite mobile user-experience. Kicking off the UBM TechWeb mobile initiative for the event series in 2012 is Cloud Connect Santa Clara, taking place February 13-16, at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
"UBM TechWeb events gather a sophisticated tech-savvy crowd that demands the best mobile tools for managing their time at the event," said Alex Dunne, General Manager, UBM TechWeb Online Live Events Network. "The proliferation of mobile devices created the perfect opportunity to partner with DoubleDutch to bolster our efforts at our leading events, across our network, to enhance our attendee and exhibitor experiences with the latest, cutting-edge technologies and applications."
Several of the mobile capabilities that UBM TechWeb is rolling out at its leading BtoB tech events include:
- Full & Custom Agenda: Displays the full agenda from the event, with current events surfaced by time; also allows users to create their own custom schedule from a master list
- Personal Profile: Displays the individual users' profile and bio. User can access Badges, Bio, Settings, Friends
- Interactive Maps: Vector-based expo map
- User-to-User Messaging: Private messaging feature for show attendees to communicate
- Comments/Likes: Ability for users to react to public updates from other attendees
- Photos: Users can attach photos to their event updates
- Video: The ability to present hosted video (YouTube, Vimeo) within the native app
- Social Activity Feed: Shows all app activity (check-ins, comments, likes photos); filter on global, friend or local activity
- Status Update: Single update view, check-in to objects, comment, add photos
- Badges: Shows user earned badges and a leaderboard of attendees with most point earned from badges
- Places: Pulls items of nearby places, check-in objects such as sessions, exhibitor booths, etc
- Exhibitor Listings: List of all companies in the expo with location on floorplan
- People Matching: User selected groups which identifies other users that have similar interests
- Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn integration: For signup and outbound publishing
Lawrence Coburn, the CEO of DoubleDutch stated, "We've long felt that mobile, social technologies had the potential to re-imagine the event experience. In UBM TechWeb, we've found a partner that agrees with us, and we are excited to team up with them for a number of flagship tech event experiences in 2012."
Cloud Connect, the premier technology event for cloud computing, is the first event of 2012 to lead this larger mobile initiative across the UBM TechWeb events network. Given the success of the DoubleDutch relationship at the Enterprise 2.0 Santa Clara 2011 event and UBM TechWeb's drive to implement a mobile strategy and consistently work to improve the event attendee experience, extending mobile capabilities to the broader event portfolio was relevant and timely. Additional 2012 events driving the mobile strategy forward with DoubleDutch partnership agreements currently include: Cloud Connect Chicago, Enterprise 2.0 Boston, Enterprise 2.0 Santa Clara, GTEC, HDI, Interop Las Vegas and Interop New York.
About UBM TechWeb
UBM TechWeb the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software Developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands include: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Web 2.0, Black Hat and Enterprise Connect; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading magazines InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading. UBM TechWeb is a part of UBM plc, one of the world's largest media businesses as a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
DoubleDutch develops mobile productivity applications that engage employees, capture real-time data, and unlock valuable insight for enterprises and events. DoubleDutch HYVE mobile apps enable seamless sharing of relevant activities within a social, contextual framework. HYVE accurately answers the question "What are you working on?" as it relates to your event, sales team, or other enterprise workgroup. In use by some of the world's most innovative companies and organizations, including HP, UBM TechWeb, Cisco Systems, Adobe, Amdocs and TED, HYVE helps companies tap the productivity power of both the mobile channel and the collaborative nature of social networks to maximize engagement, boost employee productivity and create radical transparency across every line of business.
SOURCE UBM TechWeb
For further information: Joylyn Tanner of TechWeb, +1-415-947-6319, email@example.com