UBM TechWeb's Enterprise Connect Announces Featured Session Lineup & Conference Programs
Enterprise Thought-Leaders to Highlight Mobility, Unified Communication, Collaboration, SIP Trunking & More
Mar 13, 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, March 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterprise Connect, produced by UBM TechWeb, today announced its featured conference session lineup including programs around interoperability, federation and unique sessions around three mock RFPs for Unified Communications and IP Telephony. Enterprise Connect is also presenting panels on its main stage analyzing the key issues in enterprise communications and collaboration that will help attendees plan, build, unify and leverage the next evolution in networking, communications and collaboration. Enterprise Connect will be held March 26-29 at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando, FL. For more information or to register, visit: http://www.enterpriseconnect.com/orlando/.
"Enterprise Connect is focused on providing the information IT decision-makers need to maximize their investments in communications and collaboration," said Fred Knight, Enterprise Connect GM and Co-Chair. "Interoperability and federation have always been important topics but in 2012, with the range of communications and collaboration systems, services and applications so dramatically expanded, these issues now shape whether and how an enterprise will move their initiatives to the next plateau."
The sessions focusing on interoperability and federation include:
- SIP Fundamentals & Interoperability (Mon, March 26, 2-5 pm)
- Videoconferencing Interoperability: What is it and how do we get it? (Tue, March 27, 8:00-8:45)
- UC Federation: When Will We Get There? (Tue, March 27, 8:00-8:45)
- UC Interoperability: How Real, How Much? (Tue, March 27, 2:30-3:30)
- SIP Trunking Interoperability (Wed, March 28, 3:45-4:30)
Building on a long-standing tradition, Enterprise Connect's program also includes mock RFP sessions, run by experienced industry consultants, with deep ties to enterprise IT. One of the RFPs ties deployment of UC to the purchase of a new IP-PBX, a second RFP focuses on buying UC capabilities without a new PBX and the third examines the options for implementing Cloud-based UC. The days/times for mock RFP sessions are:
- Enterprise Communications Platform IP telephony/UC RFP: (Mon, March 26, 2-5 pm)
- Cloud-Based UC Services RFP: (Tues, March 27, 2:30-5:30 pm)
- UC Without Buying a New PBX: (Wed, March 28, 2:30-5:30 pm)
"Enterprise Connect's mock RFP sessions deliver a level of detail and practical use that can't be found at any other event," said Eric Krapf, Enterprise Connect Co-Chair, and Lead Blogger for its editorial site NoJitter.com. "Every segment of the industry benefits from these unique sessions: IT professionals get a jump start on their next procurement; the vendor community gets a forum to show what they can deliver; and the press and analysts get to see how the various offerings stack up against one another."
In addition to conference programs and mock RFP sessions, Enterprise Connect will present panels on its main stage analyzing the key issues facing the enterprise landscape. The featured sessions include:
- Monday, March 26:
- Has the Post-PBX Era Begun? Panelists from Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, HP, NEC and Siemens.
- What's Next for the Mobile Enterprise? Panelists from Verizon, Sprint, Microsoft and Siemens
- Tuesday, March 27:
- Is There a New Model for Enterprise Communications & Collaboration? Panelists from Land O' Lakes, Hawai'i Medical Service Association / Blue Cross Blue Shield of Hawai'i, Group 1 Auto and more
- Wednesday, March 28:
- Do SIP Trunking + Cloud = New Public Network? Panelists from AT&T, Google, Skype, Sprint and Levine, Blaszak and Block and Boothby, LLP.
- Thursday, March 29:
- Communications Security - Report to the Industry. Panelists from Securelogix and TrustID
- BYOD, Consumerization of IT: How to Cope? Panelists from ZK Research, Frost and Sullivan, Nemertes Research, dBrn Associates, Communications and Advantage Inc.
The Enterprise Connect Exhibition will feature more than 140 companies and is the only expo where all of the enterprise communications equipment, software and service supplier's providers are in one location. The list of Diamond and Platinum sponsors currently includes: Avaya, Cisco, HP, LifeSize, Microsoft, NEC Corporation, Siemens Enterprise Communications, Aastra, Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T, Carousel Industries, Comcast Business Class, Interactive Intelligence, Polycom, ShoreTel and Verizon.
About Enterprise Connect®
Enterprise Connect® (formerly VoiceCon) is the leading conference and exhibition in North America for enterprise communications and collaboration systems, software and services. Enterprise Connect® brings corporate IT decision makers together with the industry's suppliers, analysts and consultants to focus on the issues central to enterprise communications and collaboration networks. Enterprise Connect® owns and produces No Jitter, (http://www.nojitter.com/), providing daily blogging and analysis of enterprise communications, and it also serves the community with a weekly email newsletter, a Webinar Series and Virtual Events. For more information, visit http://enterpriseconnect.com/.
About UBM TechWeb
UBM TechWeb the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software Developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands include: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Black Hat and Enterprise Connect; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading magazines InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading. UBM TechWeb is a part of UBM plc, one of the world's largest media businesses as a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
SOURCE UBM TechWeb
For further information: Jeremy Crittenden of UBM TechWeb, +1-415-947-6762, email@example.com