Top Analysts, FCC Commissioner, and Mobile Industry Leaders to Speak at 4G World Conference and Expo's Special Summit Series
Attendees can select from Small Cell, Mobile Cloud or Spectrum Summits
Oct 1, 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- 4G World 2012 Conference and Expo, the only conference and expo covering the entire ecosystem of next-generation 4G mobile broadband technologies, today announced the Summit Series. Comprised of three concurrent tracks – Small Cell Summit, Mobile Cloud Summit, and Spectrum Summit – the Summit Series takes place on the first day of the annual 4G World Conference being held at McCormick Place in Chicago from October 29 to November 1, 2012. For more information or to register to attend, visit http://www.4gworld.com/chicago/.
Small Cell Summit
Bringing the base station closer to users is theoretically the key to delivering plentiful throughput. With advances in small cell design and HetNet architecture, networks are getting even closer to their users. This session will explore where small cells fit in the big picture, key issues that operators need to consider when assessing small cell strategies, and more.
- Michael Howard of Infonetics will Chair the Small Cell Summit.
- The Opening Keynote speaker will be Andy Germano, Vice Chair of the Small Cell Forum. His topic is "Leveraging Small Cells to Maximize 4G Coverage, Capacity and User Experience."
- The Industry Keynote entitled "Metro Cells: Thinking Outside the Box" will be given by Mike Shabel, GM, NGN Mobile Core Unit, Wireless Division, Alcatel-Lucent.
- A panel discussion with speakers from Wireless 20/20, Telstra, Cisco, Intel, and NSN, will explore the "Total Cost of Ownership of 4G small cell networks."
- An Executive Roundtable covering the "Outlook for Small Cells and Wi-Fi Integration" will feature speakers from Current Analysis, Towerstream, Wi-Fi Alliance, and Nsight.
Mobile Cloud Summit
Mobile operators have embraced the Cloud for hosted applications and content, along with monetizing Over-The-Top (OTT) content services. The Mobile Cloud Summit will examine business opportunities in Cloud services, with a look at how to fast track the deployment of mobile cloud platforms.
- Chair of the Mobile Cloud Summit is Ari Banerjee, Sr. Analyst, Heavy Reading.
- The Industry Keynote, "Are You Ready for the Cloud? Optimizing and Assuring User Experience in the Mobile Cloud," will be delivered by Steven Shalita, VP, Marketing, NetScout Systems.
- Mr. Banerjee and Fred Kemmerer, Chair, ATIS Technology and Operations Council, will discuss "Cloud Service Strategies to Monetize OTT Content and Apps."
- The Executive Roundtable will feature panelists Alfred Boshculte, Co-founder and Chairman, Boshculte Schnee Group, LLC and Paul Parker-Johnson, Director, Service Provider Cloud and Managed Services, Juniper Networks on the topic of "Mobile Cloud as a Platform for 4G Value Added Services."
Spectrum is the oxygen that enables the mobile industry to expand along its path to 4G. However, the world's 4G spectrum resources are highly constrained and fragmented because government officials and industry leaders continue to debate the best methods to ease the global spectrum crunch.
- Berge Ayvazian, Sr. Consultant, Heavy Reading is Chair of the Spectrum Summit.
- The Opening Keynote entitled "Spectrum in the Americas: Challenges and Opportunities for the Mobile Broadband Ecosystem," will be given by Chris Pearson, President, 4G Americas.
- Fred Campbell, Director of the Communications Liberty and Innovation Project at the Competitive Enterprise Institute will deliver a keynote address on "Global Digital TV Migration Liberating 700 MHz for Mobile Broadband."
- A feature presentation titled "Incentive Spectrum Auctions and Alternative Licensing Schemes" will see participation from senior regulatory executives at AT&T and CTIA.
- The "Driving Rural 4G and Fixed Broadband" panel features esteemed panelists from RCA and Nsight.
- An Executive Roundtable focused on "Global and Regional 4G Spectrum Alignment" will conclude the Spectrum Summit and feature panelists from 4G Americas, Telstra, AT&T, Pyramid Research, and the Competitive Enterprise Institute.
- Regulatory Fireside Chat with Commissioner Ajit Pai, Federal Communications Commission (FCC), hosted by Fred Campbell.
Connect with 4G World
About 4G World
4G World is the first and only conference and expo covering the entire ecosystem of next-generation 4G technologies that enable the mobile Internet revolution, including mobile network infrastructure, advanced devices, applications and content. Owned and operated by UBM TechWeb, this show provides insight into the state of the industry today and explores forward-looking advancements that will affect operators within the mobile ecosystem in the years ahead. As a ubiquitous network takes hold in the mature markets of North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, operators are anticipating massive growth in broadband data usage and planning their network migration strategies and business models for monetizing mobile Internet services. 4G World offers attendees an opportunity to research state-of-the-practice business models and advanced mobile technologies, and learn from other operators about what works and what doesn't, as they migrate their networks to 4G. For more information, visit www.4GWorld.com.
About UBM TechWeb
UBM TechWeb the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software Developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands include: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Cloud Connect, Black Hat and Enterprise Connect; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading magazines InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading. UBM TechWeb is a part of UBM plc, one of the world's largest media businesses as a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
SOURCE UBM TechWeb
For further information: Caroline McGrath, Echo Communications (for 4G World), +1-416-972-1642, C, +1-416-357-2702, email@example.com