UBM Tech Debuts EE Times University, Offers Design Engineers a Live Digital Educational Experience to Scale Engineering Know-How
Nov 14, 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech, the global leader in technology media and business information, today debuts EE Times University (http://university.eetimes.com/lecture-calendar.asp?cid=500), a six-month, free live digital educational experience for design engineers. The University was designed by EE Times, the largest independent engineering resource for design decision makers in the electronics industry, and DeusM, UBM’s integrated marketing services company.
Kathy Astromoff, CEO, Electronics, UBM Tech said, "Giving engineers the technical know-how they need to solve design problems enables teams to deliver their designs on time, to spec and on budget. EE Times University will help engineers to build their know-how, stay current with the rapid pace of technological change, and network with peers and technical experts."
EE Times University takes learning to the next level by revealing the latest technologies. Each track consists of five one-hour courses hosted by a guest lecturer, combining live educational broadcasts with interactive chat and a downloadable presentation. All courses are also available on-demand. Future track topics may include microprocessors, ARM architecture, microcontrollers, high-speed digital design, embedded design & software, OEM, Software instrumentation, interconnectors, power and circuits, LEDs, wireless, and security.
Alexander Wolfe, Brand Director, EE Times said, "EE Times University will be a great asset to engineers who are looking to increase their engineering knowledge and stay current with key trends."
The initial two tracks include:
- "Intelligent Embedded Systems for the New Era of Industrial Apps," running November 26 through 30 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST, is sponsored by Intel. The track will feature lecturer Brian Bailey, Engineering Consultant and Contributing Editor, EE Times EDA and Programmable Logic Designlines, and will cover:
- Understanding the Connected Factory of the Future and Next-Gen Industrial Apps
- Four Pillars of Intelligent Industrial Apps: Security, Manageability, Connectivity, and Performance
- Rethinking Embedding Processing: The Bridge to Ivy Bridge
- Apps Development Utilizing the Partner Ecosystem of Intelligent Solutions
- Case Study Highlighting Successful Design
- "All Programmable FPGAs and SoCs for Fast, Cost-Effective Designs," running December 10 through 14 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST, is sponsored by Xilinx. This track will feature lecturer Max Maxfield, Editor in Chief, All Programmable Planet, and will cover:
- The Basics and Benefits of All Programmable Devices
- Understanding the Role of Hardware Description Languages (HDLs)
- Alternative Design Tools and Flows
- Programming, Debugging, Verifying, and Protecting Designs
- Advanced Concepts and Future Trends
To register for EE Times University, visit: http://university.eetimes.com/lecture-calendar.asp?cid=500
To learn about EE Times University sponsorship opportunities, contact Kathleen Connolly, VP Sales and Development, with UBM Studios, at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 949.223.3611.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that provides information, events, training, data services, and marketing solutions for the technology industry. Its media brands and information services inform and inspire decision makers across the entire technology market — engineers and design professionals, software and game developers, solutions providers and integrators, networking and communications executives, and business technology professionals. UBM Tech's industry-leading media brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developer Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's information products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. Our 6,500 staff in more than 30 countries is organized into specialist teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com/; follow us at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM news.
Available Topic Experts: For information on the listed experts, click appropriate link.
For further information: Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing T: 516.562.5652, E: email@example.com