UBM Electronics Re-Engineers ESC Silicon Valley Event
"Mind of the Engineer" Focus Provides Unprecedented Multi-disciplinary Conference Experience
Mar 2, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO, March 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, a UBM company and the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, today announced that the ESC Silicon Valley 2011 conference (May 2 – 5, McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, California) has been revamped to provide a more valuable educational and networking experience for professionals in the recovering global electronics industry.
ESC Silicon Valley 2011's content and agenda is drawn from recent "Mind of the Engineer" research, sponsored by UBM Electronics, which points to the growing need for engineers to quickly acquire in-depth electronics design knowledge spanning a multitude of disciplines. The research is one of the most definitive and comprehensive studies ever conducted with engineering professionals. UBM Electronics' 2011 Embedded Systems Study, an examination and analysis of the state of the embedded design community, was also used to determine the agenda for ESC Silicon Valley 2011.
"After conducting extensive research and listening closely to past attendees, we have re-engineered this year's ESC Silicon Valley to address the demands of the rapidly changing electronics industry," said David Blaza, vice president, UBM Electronics. "One of the most pressing needs of the industry is to have a single conference and expo where engineers can gather and learn. More than ever before, ESC attendees will get trained, get connected and get up to speed on all the challenges and solutions facing them as they design and produce the next generation of embedded electronics products."
In addition to a comprehensive technical agenda and an exhibition featuring the products and services of more than 200 vendors, ESC Silicon Valley 2011 offers a number of new learning opportunities including:
- Hands-On Show Floor Lab: Interactive training courses on hot technologies led by knowledgeable company representatives and distinguished speakers.
- Speed Training: Fast but in-depth training courses on a variety of engineering topics.
- Embedded Connectivity Zone: Solutions demonstrations and ESC theater panel discussions helping engineers design better-connected devices.
- Board Zone: Experts convene to help answer the toughest board-related embedded design questions and demonstrate related products and technologies.
- Multicore Expo: Combined with ESC, the 6th annual Multicore Expo comprises a wide variety of exhibits from leaders in the multicore industry.
Popular with past attendees and returning to the ESC lineup for 2011 are:
- Tutorials - Led by world-renowned instructors featuring the hottest embedded topics from designing-in lowcost Wi-Fi functionality to system optimization techniques for digital signal processing systems. Open to all conference attendees.
- Design Contests: Sponsored by Cypress Semiconductor, Renesas Electronics and STMicroelectronics.
- Awards Ceremonies: "EE Times ACE" Awards, "EDN Innovation Awards" and "Best-in-Test Awards."
- Theater Sessions: Teardowns, Expert Panels, 2011 Study Results and more.
ESC Silicon Valley 2011 Keynote Speakers include:
- Apple Computer Co-Founder Steve Wozniak.
- American entrepreneur and self-taught engineer Jeri Ellsworth.
For a complete list of ESC Silicon Valley 2011 events please visit http://esc-sv.techinsightsevents.com.
For exhibit and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Sean Raman at 415.947.6622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About ESC Silicon Valley (http://esc-sv.techinsightsevents.com)
Held in key strategic technology development locations worldwide, the Embedded Systems Conference is the global electronics industry's leading event. With cutting edge product demonstrations, visionary speeches and hundreds of essential technical training classes and accreditation opportunities, ESC is the ideal venue for the design engineering community to learn, collaborate and recognize excellence. In addition, ESC Silicon Valley celebrates decades of unique local electronics industry culture, innovation and significant contributions to the global technology industry.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, EDN China, EDN Asia, EDN Japan, Design News and Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, Designlines and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DesignCon and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
For more information on ESC Silicon Valley 2011 please contact:
Vice President, Marketing, UBM Electronics
Kaye Public Relations
SOURCE UBM Electronics
For further information: ESC Silicon Valley 2011, Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing, UBM Electronics, +1-516-562-5652, email@example.com; or Media, Lynda Kaye of Kaye Public Relations, +1-650-799-2888, lynda@KayePR.com, for UBM Electronics