UBM Electronics' EETimes.com Named One of the "10 Great Media Websites" by BtoB's Media Business
EETimes.com is an Innovative Media Platform and Professional Community Linking the Global Electronics Industry
Jun 23, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO, June 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, a UBM company and the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, today announced that EETimes.com has been named one of the '10 Great Media Web Sites' by BtoB's Media Business. The website is an innovative media platform and professional community linking the global electronics industry to drive technology sales.
EETimes.com brings the audience into the conversation through moderated discussions, blogs and social media and gives readers an equal share of voice with content experts. Over one million monthly visitors come to EETimes.com, which combines the online brands – EE Times, EBN, Embedded.com, TechOnline and Designlines, and eeProductCenter – as well as crucial industry-specific events including ESC, DesignCon and the ARM Technology Conference as well as online education and training.
The six main components of the website include:
- EE Life. The first social networking community where the global engineering community comes together to gather and share information.
- News & Analysis. EE Times, EBN, Embedded.com, TechOnline and Designlines come together to report the news that affects the electronics industry with insight and analysis from EE Times experts and the EE Times community.
- EE Times Design. EE Times Design provides engineers with deep vertical content focused by topic by incorporating Embedded.com, TechOnline, Designlines within one location. EE Times Design offers opportunities for users to connect, contribute and collaborate on content critical to the detailed design phase such as product specification data, troubleshooting and how-to information.
- EE Times Products. EE Times Products delivers fast access to critical information including: application notes, reference designs, teardowns, webinars, video, and specific product parts search. Website visitors can link to components, manufacturers, and franchised distributors to check inventory, order samples or place orders.
- Education & Training. Offers readily available and on demand, education and training in the form of technical papers, webinars, virtual conferences and courses provides engineers with information on how to apply the latest technologies, products, tools and techniques to get their design out the door.
- EE Times Events. Offers a portal to UBM Electronics event websites – ESC, DesignCon and the ARM Technology Conference – as well as global industry events.
"We are extremely honored with Media Business' recognition of EETimes.com as one of the most powerful websites in the B2B industry," said David Blaza, Vice President, UBM Electronics. "The EE Times website is a powerful solution created to help advance our customers' businesses and drive technology sales in the global electronics industry."
Earlier this year, EETimes.com also won a Folio: Eddie Award in the "Best Website in the Business to Business Energy/Utilities/Engineering" category.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, EDN China, EDN Asia, EDN Japan, Design News and Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, Designlines and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market-leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DesignCon and the ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: email@example.com
SOURCE UBM Electronics