Electronics Industry's UBM Electronics Relaunches Design News, Specialist Community Site Created to Serve the 21st Century Design Engineer
Jun 27, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO, June 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, a UBM company and the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, today announced the relaunch of Design News (www.designnews.com). For 65 years, Design News has been the premier technical resource for design engineers throughout the manufacturing sector. But in today's competitive product development environment, design engineers must master an average of seven disciplines to keep pace with their careers and now more than ever they need a specialist community to assist them.
Design News is the community site for systems level design engineers, electromechanical engineers, and engineers interested in learning more about technologies outside of their core disciplines. Its editorial focus is on how engineers apply technology in end applications through case studies, how-to content, end-user examples and community generated content.
The website brings the audience into the conversation through moderated discussions, blogs and social media, giving readers equal share of voice with content experts. With a streamlined design, contextual navigation and sponsored educational materials, the new Design News guides design engineers to the information they need, creating an opportunity for the community to collaborate, share ideas and experiences. In addition, the new Design News.com delivers a full suite of multimedia content including video and audio and enables a deeper level of engagement by design engineers.
"We conducted extensive research with design engineers and we determined that in order to meet the information needs of our audience we needed to simplify the website to help them to do their jobs better. In doing so, we've created an 'always on,' globally accessible online design community that facilitates industry dialogue and drives technology sales," said Karen Field, Senior Vice President Content, UBM Electronics.
Design News' content is a unique combination of high-quality editorial, case studies, how-to articles and user-generated content. The six main sections of the website cover the following topics of interest to design engineers:
- Automation & Control – Motors, Drivers, Controllers, Actuators, Sensors and Vision Systems, HMIs, Networks, I/O Slides, Bearings, Robotics, Motion Control, Machine Control, Fluid Power, Power Transmission
- Design Software & Hardware – CAD/CAM/CAE, PLM, PDM, Evaluation, Modeling and Simulation Hardware and Software and Related Peripherals
- Electronics & Test – ICs, Power Management, Power Supplies, LED, LCD, DSPs, Sensors, MCUs, IP&E, and other Electrical/Electronic Components, Test Equipment
- Materials & Assembly – Metals, Alloys, Plastics, Elastomers, Rubber, Prototyping Tools and Systems, Coatings, Fasteners and Joining Technologies
- Mechatronics Zone – Integration of Mechanical, Electronics, Control Systems and Software
- Product Showcase – Complete, up-to-date information on new products and technologies for design engineers
The new Design News website makes it easier for this highly engaged community to interact with the content team and peer-to-peer through online chats, message boards, and community moderators. Leading the content team is editorial veteran Alexander Wolfe as Content Director with 20 years of editorial experience in the electronics and mechanical engineering media industry. Wolfe will also be covering Automation & Control. Additionally, content team members include:
- Charles Murray, Senior Technical Editor, Electronics/Test and Measurement
- Doug Smock, Technical Editor, Materials and Assembly
- Rob Spiegel, Senior Editor, Supply Chain, Green Scene, News, User-Contributed Blogs
- Beth Stackpole, Contributing Editor, Software/Hardware
- Jon Titus, Contributing Technical Editor
- Jennifer Campbell, Managing Editor
- Lauren Muskett, Associate Editor
- Lucy Butcher, Copy Editor
- Marita Schneider, Social Media Assistant
For additional information on Design News, visit www.designnews.com. Contact Alex Wolfe at email@example.com with editorial inquiries. Technology marketers interested in sponsorship opportunities can contact Al Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-980-8810 with sales inquires. Access the guided tour at: www.designnews.com/siteguide
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, EDN China, EDN Asia, EDN Japan, Design News and Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, Designlines and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DesignCon and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: email@example.com
SOURCE UBM Electronics