Leading Technology Companies Augment UBM Electronics' Continuing Education for Engineers Curriculum at ESC and DesignDays Boston
More than 100 Sponsors and Exhibitors Showcase New Products at ESC Boston Conference and Expo September 26-29, 2011
Aug 31, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, a UBM company and the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, today announced additions to the educational program at ESC Boston (part of DesignDays Boston, September 26-29, 2011 at Hynes Convention Center) including courses and seminars sponsored and presented by Intel, Microchip, Microsoft, Rohde & Schwarz, TI and other leading technology companies.
"The ESC Boston curriculum epitomizes UBM's commitment to giving electronics engineers unparalleled access to the core information they need to do their jobs," said David Blaza, vice president, UBM Electronics. "The event features a record number of courses from industry leaders like Intel and Microsoft guaranteed to help engineers stay relevant and up-to-date on key design trends while providing real-world solutions to their current design challenges."
The ESC and DesignDays Boston continuing education program comprises more than 170 courses, seminars, product teardowns and hands-on demonstrations. Highlights include:
- Intel Sessions: Embedded design courses including "Optimizing Android for Intel® Atom™ Processors" and a complete overview of the Yocto Project™.
- Microsoft Kinect for Xbox 360 Live Product Teardown: Held in the DesignDays Theater, this teardown includes a chance to win a 250GB Xbox 360 Kinect bundle enabling games and entertainment systems without using a controller.
- Microchip Live Product Teardown: In-depth analysis of the iWalk PowerFoot BiOM Bionic Lower Leg System design.
- Android™ Certification Program: Five courses addressing the increasing importance and use of this successful computing platform in embedded applications. Includes a hands-on Embedded Android Lab.
- Build Your Own Embedded System (BYOES): Designing with ARM BeagleBoard-xM™, Beacon Board and TI's eZ430-Chronos — hands-on design experience using the most popular low-power, high-performance embedded platforms and software.
- FPGA Design for Embedded Systems: Practical and efficient digital design implementation techniques and best practices.
- Designing Embedded Systems that Don't Damage Humans: Concepts and alternatives for software and system architectures appropriate for safety-critical systems.
- Social Media for Geeks: Tips on optimizing LinkedIn profiles to attract hiring managers and recruiters; includes UBM's "Ten Favorite Twitter Hacks."
- Rohde & Schwarz Sessions: Using FFTs properly for dynamic signal measurement, isolating rare faults fast, and more.
A complete list of ESC and DesignDays Boston exhibitors and sponsors can be found at: http://esc.eetimes.com/boston/exhibitor_list.
The most comprehensive educational event for embedded systems, chip, board and medical electronics engineers, "Design Days" combines four popular UBM events (ESC Boston, DesignCon East, DesignMed and Designing with LEDs) in one venue, giving electronics industry engineers a unique, comprehensive educational and networking experience.
NOTE TO EDITORS: ESC Boston Registration is now open at: https://escboston.reg.ubmelectronics.com/2011/registrations/media
Please contact UBM Electronics to schedule interviews with exhibiting company executives and speakers before or during the event:
Events Marketing Manager
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, EDN China, EDN Asia, EDN Japan, Design News and Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, Designlines and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DesignCon and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
About UBM LLC
UBM LLC is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information on ESC Boston 2011 please contact:
Vice President, Marketing, UBM Electronics
Kaye Public Relations
SOURCE UBM Electronics