UBM Expands Keynotes as Exhibitors Gear Up for ARM TechCon
Speakers from Avnet, Microsoft, Oracle and the United Nations added to roster; special events planned to foster connections across ARM Community
Oct 20, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, a UBM company and the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, today announced additional keynote speakers and activities planned for the ARM Technology Conference, the premier event for electronic and computer designers to connect, learn and engage on next-generation mobile and embedded technologies. ARM TechCon will be held October 25-27, 2011, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, Calif. Online registration is open through 4 p.m. PDT today at: http://e.ubmelectronics.com/armtechcon/registration/. Onsite registration will be possible at the Convention Center.
In addition to previously announced keynotes from Mentor Graphics, TSMC and ARM, the program has been supplemented with new sessions from:
- Oracle director of Java product management, Henrik Stahl, who will speak about how Oracle's continued focus on Java Embedded is making computing more pervasive in the real world embedded domain. (9 a.m., Oct. 26)
- Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact Group lead Dan Javnozon, who will share the future of intelligent systems and how Microsoft is working to help spark technical innovations across the industry. (9:30 a.m., Oct. 26)
- Avnet corporate vice president and president of Avnet Electronics Marketing, Harley Feldberg, who will talk to the moves companies can take to stay ahead of the technology curve in an ever-changing marketplace (10 a.m., Oct. 26)
- United Nations head of Global Compact LEAD, Ole Lund Hansen, who will discuss "Innovating for a Brighter Future," and how his organization is challenging and inspiring companies to achieve higher levels of sustainability (9:45 a.m., Oct. 27)
"In addition to the educational value of its technical tracks, part of the attraction of attending ARM TechCon lies in the opportunities attendees are provided to network with peers and colleagues in a congenial environment," said Colin Holland, conference chair for ARM TechCon. "This year's keynote tracks bring an unprecedented diversity of speakers – from well-known leaders in the industry to leaders on global sustainability – whose talks will no doubt fuel conversations that will extend long past this conference."
The ARM TechCon program includes more than 85 sessions led by industry experts teaching the latest strategies and techniques for designing or developing with ARM. The event addresses such areas as developing for open source platforms, low-power design, safety and security and the latest in human interface design. Attendees can select the content track that best suits their role in developing solutions based on the ARM architecture.
UBM and ARM also are planning a number of activities designed to extend the conference experience beyond the technical sessions that form the core of the ARM TechCon agenda. Highlights include:
- Solve It! 2012 Challenge: Attendees can test their knowledge of the ARM ecosystem during the Software & Systems Design Days. Sponsored by STMicroelectronics, the Solve It! Challenge consists of a clue with a piece of the mathematical equation "puzzle' that leads participants to the next location on the expo floor. Those who answer correctly will be entered to win prizes given away during the show floor parties on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. and Thursday at 3:30 p.m.
- ARM Powered Lounge – Conference goers will be able to experience a broad array of ARM Powered products – from embedded devices and automotive systems to consumer electronics such as mobile computing and home entertainment devices to some exciting projects currently in R&D.
- Help with Hopeline – UBM will be conducting a collection drive for used cell phones to benefit Hopeline from Verizon, which turns no-longer used cell phones into support for domestic violence victims and survivors. Phones will be collected in the registration area of the convention center.
Chip Design Day: Signature Sponsor: Cadence; Gold Sponsors: Common Platform, Mentor Graphics, Magma Design Automation, Synopsys & TSMC.
Software & Systems Design Days: Platinum: Marvell; Gold: Freescale Semiconductor and Synopsys; ARM Theatre Sponsor: STMicroelectronics; Onsite Registration Sponsor: Freescale Semiconductor.
For a full schedule of events and activities at ARM TechCon 2011, visit: http://e.ubmelectronics.com/armtechcon
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, EDN China, EDN Asia, EDN Japan, Design News and Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, Designlines and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DesignCon and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE UBM Electronics