Amandeep Sandhu, Director of Audience Engagement & Analytics, UBM Electronics, Named a Top Innovator in Business Publishing by BtoB's Media Business Magazine
Recognized for Exceptional Audience Recruitment and Development Strategies
May 15, 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, May 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, today announced that Amandeep Sandhu, Director of Audience Engagement & Analytics, has been named a Top Innovator in Business Publishing in the Audience Development category by BtoB's Media Business magazine, the magazine for business publishing executives. The Top Innovators in Business Publishing Awards honor the most forward thinking and creative executives ranging in categories from publishing, online, events, audience development and production. Sandhu was recognized for his exceptional audience recruitment and development strategies.
"Since joining UBM Electronics in 2009, Amandeep has become a critical asset to our team. Not only have we invested in audience development and continue to develop products based on our audiences' needs, but we have put our audience in the center of the company's strategy," said Kathy Astromoff, CEO, UBM Electronics. "This award showcases the hard work Amandeep and the entire UBM Electronics Audience Development team has done to connect with the global electronics marketplace. We congratulate Amandeep with this honor."
Sandhu's key accomplishments include:
- Grew the UBM Electronics' database by more than 40 percent to 2.26 million unique users from January 2011 to January 2012 by placing the individual reader at the center of the company's strategy.
- Launched DataSheets.com, a website for design engineers and electronics purchasing professionals to quickly and easily find electronics parts and inventory. DataSheets.com has grown 360 percent since its launch in July 2011.
- Spearheaded new ecommerce initiatives for UBM Electronics including a strategic alliance with RapidBuyr, which has generated new revenue streams.
- Consolidated 13+ databases which offers a 360-degree view of each individual across every brand and product online, in print or via a live or virtual event.
- Developed a state-of-the-art registration strategy and system for EETimes.com, which doubled the number of product registrations.
- Transitioned from a long qualification form to a short qualification form that captures business card data.
- Added personalized messaging to subscribers, resulting in increased user engagement.
- Created and developed the audience for the EE Life newsletter, which now has the industry's best open rate of nearly 75 percent.
- Successfully promoted ARM TechCon™ and DesignCon, which resulted in record attendance at both events.
- Facilitated groundbreaking live database integration with EETimes.com to accommodate user subscriptions and requests immediately.
Sandhu is responsible for the global audience engagement strategy for the media properties, commerce and community sites, and global events. Sandhu started his career as a Senior Software Developer with Cadence Design Systems Inc., where he worked on the development of the next generation PCB Design Entry tool, developing algorithms and GUI's, and developed an intelligent Language Sensitive Editor (LSE), which was used to edit design files written in Verilog or VHDL. Most recently Sandhu was a Project Throughput Manager in Semiconductor Insights' Engineering Group, where he collaborated with the senior management team to develop strategic plans regarding many facets of the business. Sandhu received a Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering) from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, India. He also attended the University of Ottawa, Canada, while working with the Semiconductor Insights division, where he obtained his MBA.
In 2011, Sandhu was named to Audience Development Magazine's list of Audience Development All-Stars.
Last year, Paul Miller, CEO of UBM Electronics was named a Top Innovator in the Top Publishing Executives category and David Levin, CEO of UBM was named a Top Innovator in the Top CEO category.
About BtoB's Media Business
BtoB's Media Business is the only publication focused exclusively on business-to-business publishing. More than 5,000 industry leaders subscribe to Media Business for the latest trends and insightful analysis. Stories include case studies, news analysis and trend stories about business and trade publishing and media. Topics include online publishing, digital publishing, circulation, audience development, reprints, fulfillment, advertising, lead generation, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), events, production, media companies, and trade publishers.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry, delivering results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development, and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities, and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, Design News, Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, EBN, DataSheets.com, Designlines, and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DesignCon,and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
For more information, go to www.ubmelectronics.com; follow us at @ubm_electronics to get the latest UBM Electronics news.
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,634 staff in more than 31 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM news.
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: email@example.com
SOURCE UBM Electronics