Black Hat Regional Summit 2014 Returns to Brazil, Brings Hacks of Mobile Devices, Payment Systems, Passwords and More
Early Registration Ends TODAY (Oct. 31) - Register Now to Save BRL 300 On Two-Day Pass
Oct 31, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Black Hat, the world's leading family of information security events, highlights some of the high-intensity Briefings and Workshops to expect at the Black Hat Regional Summit in Brazil this November. This two-day event will be co-located with IT Forum Expo, providing attendees with two parallel tracks of world-class content on the latest security research, trends and industry challenges. Both events will take place November 25-26, 2014, at the Transamerica Expo Center in Sao Paulo, Brazil. For more information and to save BRL 300 before Early Registration ends today (October 31), please visit: http://www.blackhat.com/sp-14/.
The Black Hat Regional Summit in Sao Paulo will welcome a mix of local in-region experts and top researchers from around the globe for two full days of Briefings and Workshops. The sessions will provide candid insight and education for IT security professionals and enthusiasts of all levels. Some of the highlights of the upcoming Black Hat Regional Summit include:
- Hacking Mobile Devices such as Androids through kernel-level exploitation to allow unauthorized actions by malicious applications, or learning about iOS forensics and data extraction with open-source tools
- Cracking .BR Passwords by testing the performance of some popular wordlists and identifying patterns and behavior of users
- Reverse Engineering Payment Malware with special attention to techniques for stealing card holder data by identifying the security gaps and attack vectors that malware can exploit
For more information and to review the full list of sessions to be presented at the Black Hat Regional Summit, please visit: http://www.blackhat.com/sp-14/. Delegates registering for the Black Hat Regional Summit will also have full access to the IT Forum Expo.
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat Regional Summit, Transamerica Expo Center, Sao Paulo, Brazil, November 25-26, 2014
- Black Hat Trainings, Bolger Center, Potomac, MD, December 8-11, 2014
- Black Hat Asia 2015, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, March 24-27, 2015
- Black Hat USA 2015, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, August 1-6, 2015
- Black Hat Europe 2015, Amsterdam RAI, Amsterdam, NL, November 10-13, 2015
About Black Hat
For more than 17 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia, and are produced by UBM Tech. More information is available at: http://www.blackhat.com.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech's community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Electronics, Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, Game and App Developers, and Tech Marketing communities. UBM Tech's brands include Black Hat, DesignCon, EE Times, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. Create, a UBM Tech full range marketing services division, includes custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs based on its content and technology market expertise. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.
SOURCE UBM Tech
For further information: Meredith Corley, Black Hat Public Relations, Meredith.Corley@ubm.com