Designers of Things Announces New Educational Tracks Dedicated to IoT & 3D Printing for Winter Event
Co-located BIOMEDevice Event to Also Feature New Interactive IDEO Design Workshop
Oct 27, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Designers of Things and BIOMEDevice, two events produced by UBM Canon co-located for the first time this December to bring attendees the latest in MedTech innovation, Wearable Tech, 3D Printing and the Internet of Things, announced new educational tracks and a workshop to the already robust lineup. During the two day event, attendees will have access to in-depth sessions spanning across nine tracks dedicated to providing insight into an array of trending industry topics specific to IoT and 3D Printing. Designers of Things and BIOMEDevice will take place December 2-3, 2015 at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, CA. For more information and to register, please visit: designersofthings.com/sanjose or biomedevicesj.mddionline.com
Each of this year's program sessions has been organized into a new list of tracks, offering deep dives into topics currently taking the industry by storm. Specific tracks have been separated into Designers of Things' two larger themes: Internet of Things and 3D Printing. These include:
Internet of Things:
- Developing for IoT Devices: IoT devices require embedded software development and low-power design.
- Developing for Wearable Devices: Wearable tech needs software development and low-power design.
- Design Principles: Impressive design has become just as important as the functionality.
- Verticals: Discuss the latest developments in quantified self and lifestyle devices.
- IoT and Wearable Connectivity: The integration of the Internet of Things and wearable devices with the Physical World.
- The Business View of IoT: Did you bring your idea to market – either successfully or not? Walk the audience through the journey to Product Launch.
- Beyond Prototyping: Expand the conversation around applications of 3D printing.
- Designing in 3D: Take your project from concept to reality.
- Networked Objects: The integration of Internet of Things into 3D printed objects.
"This year's track listing is such a testament to how far the industry has grown since Designers of Things' launch last year," said Pamela Moore, SVP of Content and Strategy with UBM, PLC. "We're thrilled to be able to offer such dedicated and intricate content within the realms of IoT and 3D printing, two extremely compelling topics experiencing incredible growth within the design industry."
IDEO Design Workshop - Thursday, December 3, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM PST
In addition to the larger session offerings and previously announced keynotes – Designers of Things' co-located event, BIOMEDevice, will offer a new IDEO Design Workshop:
- Improve your ability to deliver great design by learning and practicing key elements of the IDEO design process. IDEO, the global design and innovation firm has a history of delivering impactful, compelling, human-centered design to the world of medical and consumer products. IDEO will lead a fully interactive design workshop allowing the participants to flex their creative muscles and learn how to brainstorm novel and creative solutions and quickly prototype experiments to test concepts. The workshop will use case studies of existing products on the market to describe the steps and tools of the design process.
To view the current conference program, please visit: designersofthings.com/sanjose/scheduler/list
Follow Designers of Things online:
- Blog: blog.designersofthings.com/
- Facebook: facebook.com/designersofthings
- Twitter: twitter.com/dothingscon
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=6551025
About Designers of Things
Designers of Things is a new conference produced by UBM that is dedicated to the revolutionary potential of Wearable Tech, 3D Printing and the Internet of Things (IoT), the business strategies and inventive people behind these technologies, and how they can successfully accelerate innovation to take their inspirations to the next level. Through in-depth educational programs, ground breaking technology demonstrations and unmatched networking opportunities, Designers of Things offers one of the most comprehensive and impactful meeting places for the technology design and development communities in the world. The event will run alongside BIOMEDevice San Jose (http://biomedevicesj.mddionline.com/) an event focused on the emerging trends in medical device design. For more information, follow us on Twitter at @DoThingsCon
About UBM Canon
UBM Canon is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media company for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. UBM Canon is part of UBM plc (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B-to-B communities and markets. www.ubmcanon.com
For further information:
Designers of Things PR
SOURCE UBM Canon