Black Hat Asia Returns to Singapore with Robust InfoSec Research Lineup: Vulnerabilities Related to Mobile Devices, Transit Smartcards, Popular Email Clients & More
Register by January 27, 2017 and save nearly S$500 on Briefings passes
Dec 19, 2016
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Black Hat, the world's leading family of information security events, unveils its initial Briefings lineup for Black Hat Asia 2017, with additional programming to be announced soon. Returning to Singapore, the event will bring together the world's most renowned information security professionals and researchers for two days of technical Trainings, followed by two days of highly informative Briefings including a new track on Applied Security. This year's lineup of world class speakers will dive into topics spanning mobile hacking, malware defense, reverse engineering, cryptography and more. Black Hat Asia will take place March 28 – March 31, 2017 at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.
For more information and to take advantage of early registration prices by January 27 please visit: blackhat.com/asia-17/
Highlights from the Black Hat Asia 2017 program so far include:
- Mobile Hacks: such as exploiting an iOS device remotely via WiFi without any user interaction, completely bypassing the iOS sandbox; looking at challenges solved in making an untethered 9.0-9.3.x jailbreak; and even examining the underlying attack vector and investigating fundamental security problems with the Android plugin technology.
- Breaking Popular Korean Transit Smartcards: by embedding cryptographic features via side-channel attacks, allowing for the illegal recharging of balances and targeting of profile information.
- Exploiting Email Clients: disclosing severe vulnerabilities of mail clients as well as software services that could allow an attacker to take over access to sensitive user information
- Automotive Diagnostics Exploration: with the introduction of an open source Unified Diagnostic Services stack in Python and live demonstrations of its functionality.
To see the current 2017 program lineup and to view presentation abstracts, visit: blackhat.com/asia-17/briefings.html
Classroom-Style Courses - Black Hat Trainings
Prior to the Briefings, Black Hat Asia will offer two days of deeply technical, hands-on Training courses led by the some of the brightest minds in the industry. This year's Trainings will span topics such as infrastructure hacking, penetration testing, malware analysis and more. For information on the lineup and to save S$200 on the course(s) of your choice by January 27, please visit: blackhat.com/asia-17/training/index.html.
Live Demos - Black Hat Arsenal: CALL FOR TOOLS OPEN THROUGH FEB. 6
Black Hat Arsenal will return to Singapore with its highly popular tool and demo area, showcasing the hottest developments from the open-source community. Call for Tools (CFT) is still open, so be sure to submit by February 6! For more information and to submit, visit: blackhat.com/asia-17/arsenal-overview.html.
Black Hat Asia Sponsors
Top sponsors of Black Hat Asia 2017 include Diamond Sponsors: Qualys and Tenable Network Security; Platinum Sponsors: Cylance, SentinelOne and CrowdStrike; and Gold Sponsors: Malwarebytes, Rapid7 and Solida Systems. For more information on sponsorship opportunities and to see the full list of participating companies, visit: blackhat.com/asia-17/sponsors.html.
Connect with Black Hat
- Twitter: twitter.com/BlackHatEvents- hashtag #BlackHat
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Black-Hat-Events-107691635153/
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=37658
- Flickr: flickr.com/photos/blackhatevents/
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat USA 2017, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, July 22 – July 27, 2017
- Black Hat Europe 2017, London, England, December 4 – 7, 2017
About Black Hat
For more than 19 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communications services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.
SOURCE Black Hat
For further information: Kimberly Samra, Black Hat PR, BlackHatPR@ubm.com, 415-947-6362