Interop ITX Explores the Current and Future State of IT with 2017 Keynotes from Cisco, MIT, CA Technologies & More
Representatives from The White House, Amazon, Intuit, Mastercard, FireEye & VMware to also speak
Apr 20, 2017
SAN FRANCISCO, April 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Interop ITX, the independent conference for tech leaders, announced its robust Keynote lineup for its Las Vegas event next month. The event will host a wide range of Keynote presentations from Otto Berkes, executive VP and CTO at CA Technologies and the first architect of Xbox, to Andrew McAfee, principal research scientist at MIT and New York Times best-selling author, among others. Keynotes will commence on Wednesday with a lineup of presentations focused on how the industry has progressed to the current state of IT, followed by Thursday presentations surrounding the future of IT and what's to come. Presentations will offer unparalleled insights from all speakers based on their unique backgrounds and experiences.
Interop ITX will take place May 15-19, 2017 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV. For more information and to take advantage of pre-conference pricing, please visit: interop.com
Day 1 Keynotes: Wednesday, May 17, 8:30 – 10:00 AM
- Otto Berkes, Executive VP and CTO, CA Technologies: is responsible for technical leadership and innovation, further developing the company's technical community, and aligning its software strategy, architecture and partner relationships to deliver customer value. Otto previously held positions with Microsoft and HBO where he led efforts responsible for Xbox and HBO Go.
- Kevin Mandia, CEO, FireEye: serves on FireEye's Board of Directors and is the founder of Mandiant, the company acquired by FireEye in 2013. Previous roles he's held include director of computer forensics at Foundstone, director of information security for Sytex and the United States Air Force, where he was a computer security officer in the 7th Communications Group at the Pentagon.
- Chris Wolf, Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry, VMware: is responsible for driving the execution and communication of the Office of the CTO's vision internally and externally, supporting VMware's global field teams on all CTO evangelism and representing VMware's technical vision to customers, partners and analysts.
Day 2 Keynotes: Thursday, May 18, 8:30-10:00 AM
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, MIT: is a principal research scientist at MIT and studies how digital technologies are changing business, the economy, and society. His 2014 book, The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies, was a New York Times bestseller and was shortlisted for the Financial Times/McKinsey business book of the year award.
- Susie Wee, VP and CTO of DevNet Innovations, Cisco: is the founder of DevNet, Cisco's developer program for infrastructure and application developers, which catalyzes innovation by the developer ecosystem. DevNet covers networking, cloud, data center, security, collaboration and IoT. Susie was previously VP and Chief Technology and Experience Officer of Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group and was founding VP of Enterprise Software Business and CTO at HP as well as Lab Director at HP Labs.
- Talent & Culture: Lightning Talks + Panel Discussion: These 5-minute lightning talks and panel discussion will dive into how recruitment, people management and culture are paramount to any successful organization and how leaders are finding this to be their biggest challenge. Each of these speakers will offer their thoughts on the complexities of building a strong team and culture.
- Moderator: Ester Frey, Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, Amazon
- Olga Braylovskiy, Vice President, Workforce Technology, Intuit
- Janine Gianfredi, Former Chief Marketing Officer, U.S. Digital Service at the White House
- Ed McLaughlin, Chief Information Officer, Mastercard
To learn more about this year's keynotes as well as view the current 2017 program lineup, visit: interop.com/keynotes
About Interop ITX
Interop ITX is the industry's most trusted independent Conference focused on Full Stack IT education for technology leaders. The event continues the 30 years Interop has dedicated to providing IT decision makers with a trusted environment to learn, collaborate and uncover new strategies and solutions they need to lead their teams and their businesses through constant change and disruption. Employed by a Conference-first model, Interop ITX offers both breadth and depth of content to a broad IT audience across core areas: Infrastructure, Security, Cloud, Data & Analytics, DevOps, and Leadership & Professional Development. For more information, visit interopitx.com. Interop ITX is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
SOURCE Interop ITX
For further information: Kimberly Samra, InteropPR@ubm.com, 415-947-6362