Black Hat USA Announces First 2017 Briefings: Smart Grid, Mobile, Machine Learning
Register now through May 19 and save $300 on Briefings Pass
May 11, 2017
SAN FRANCISCO, May 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Black Hat, the world's leading producer of information security events, announces the initial Briefings selected for its blockbuster USA event. Returning to Las Vegas for its 20th year, the annual event will bring together world-renowned information security professionals and researchers to uncover vulnerabilities spanning everything from popular mobile devices, operating systems and power systems we use every day.
Black Hat USA will take place July 22 – 27, 2017 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. For more information and to save $300 on a Briefings Pass by May 19, please visit: blackhat.com/us-17/
Selected from a record-breaking number of submissions in Black Hat history, the event's current list of Briefings offers a glimpse into its outstanding 2017 program:
- Critical smart grid flaws including a bug in General Electric Co.'s software used to control the flow of electricity, and an attack vector impacting industrial sensors, valves, safety systems on an isolated network, and analog equipment.
- Mobile hacks including Android and iOS devices, as well as the new Samsung KNOX; using open-source SS7 firewall for eavesdropping and geolocation attacks; hijacking a victim's communication and initiating calls and SMS messages; spying on 3G and 4G users via locating, tracking and monitoring.
- Exploring the hype of machine learning, including malware detection evasion using an AI agent and new research that questions today's various reports detailing machine learning successes.
- Continued Windows 10 flaws, including a complete overhaul of Windows kernel exploitation and a new technique that works seamlessly on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- GPS-based system hacks that have targeted military assets; the remote pwning of nearly all Intel based systems manufactured since 2010 or later; and vulnerabilities within devices equipped with MEMS sensors including VR devices, self-balancing vehicles, and drones.
- Applied Security including dumping firmware from hardware using a $10 SD card reader, evaluating the security of any USB device, and a practical execution approach for securing products at massive scale.
Be sure to check back for the latest Briefings schedule as they're added, here: blackhat.com/us-17/briefings/schedule/index.html
Black Hat USA Trainings – Register Now to Save $300: Black Hat will offer its largest Trainings lineup to date, with deeply technical, hands-on courses led by the information security industry's top trainers and professionals. Courses will span topics such as Android hacking, automobile systems hacking, penetration testing, advanced infrastructure hacking, and more. For information on the lineup, please visit: blackhat.com/us-17/training/index.html.
Top sponsors of Black Hat USA 2017 include: Diamond Sponsors: Cisco, FireEye, Forcepoint, LogRhythm, McAfee, Qualys, RSA and Tenable Network Security; Platinum Plus Sponsors: AlienVault, Arbor Networks, Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Cylance, DarkMatter, Digital Guardian, ESET North America, Fidelis Cybersecurity, Fortinet, IBM, Leidos, Palo Alto Networks, Raytheon Foreground Security and Symantec; Platinum Sponsors: Code42 Software, Core Security, Cybereason, Darktrace, F5 Networks, iboss cybersecurity, Malwarebytes, NSFOCUS, Optiv Security, Proofpoint, Inc., Rapid7, SentinelOne, StackPath, Tanium, Trend Micro and Webroot. For all sponsorship opportunities, visit: blackhat.com/us-17/sponsors.html
Connect with Black Hat (#BlackHat)
- Twitter: twitter.com/BlackHatEvents
- Facebook: facebook.com/Black-Hat-Events-107691635153/
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=37658
- Flickr: flickr.com/photos/blackhatevents/
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat Europe 2017, London, England, December 4-7
- Black Hat Asia 2018, Singapore, March 20-23
About Black Hat
For 20 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
SOURCE Black Hat
For further information: Kimberly Samra, Black Hat PR, BlackHatPR@ubm.com