The Largest Design & Manufacturing Event in Minneapolis Partners with Leading Industry Associations
Conference Emphasizes Commitment to Local and National MedTech, Manufacturing, and Packaging Industries
Oct 19, 2017
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Oct. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Midwest's largest design and manufacturing event today announced its partnership with leading manufacturing, medtech, and packaging associations including Medical Alley Association, MedTech Association, Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP) and Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association. The event takes place November 8-9, 2017 at the Minneapolis Convention Center. To learn more and register, please visit: mdmminn.mddionline.com
The event is made up of six co-located events that support various industries, including Automation Technology Expo (ATX), Design & Manufacturing, Embedded Systems Conference (ESC), Medical Design and Manufacturing (MD&M), MinnPack and PLASTEC.
"We are delighted to have event partners that are helping to support growth and innovation within the industries we serve," said Nina Brown, vice president of events, UBM. "We are continuing a strong relationship with Medical Alley, funding scholarships to develop the future packaging workforce with IoPP, and it's also fantastic to have a spectrum of partners that serve advanced manufacturing."
"The Medical Alley Association takes great pride in supporting businesses in Medical Alley, the global epicenter of health innovation and care, making MD&M Minneapolis an ideal partner for our organization," said Shaye Mandle, president and CEO, Medical Alley Association. "For over 22 years, MD&M Minneapolis has been a premiere gathering place for industry professionals, and we have no doubt our shared commitment to the innovation and evolution of healthcare will enhance this year's programming."
All four partners will be present in the expo hall, providing the over 5,500 in attendance with the latest information in their respective industries:
- Medical Alley Association (booth 2403)—Acts as the voice of the Medical Alley Community in Minneapolis and delivers information on the medical technology industry as a whole
- The Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP) (booth 737)—A professional organization that serves the packaging community through networking and relationship building opportunities. The IoPP will also announce the recipients of its packaging scholarship program funded by UBM, which is awarded to select packaging schools in order to help develop local packaging education programs. The scholarship recipients will be announced on November 9, 2017 at 11:00 A.M.
- MedTech Association (booth 2647)—Represents New York State's medical industry and acts as an advocate for the field
- Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association—Represents the manufacturing industry within Minnesota (and has a membership base of over 300)
Register for MD&M Minneapolis
To register for MD&M Minneapolis please visit: minneapolis.am.ubm.com/2017/registrations/MDM
To register for a media pass, please visit: minneapolis.am.ubm.com/2017/registrations/media
- BIOMEDevice San Jose 2017: San Jose, CA, December 6 - 7, 2017
- DesignCon 2018: Santa Clara, CA, January 30 - February 1, 2018
- Medical Design and Manufacturing (MD&M) West: Anaheim, CA, February 6 - 8, 2018
About Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
UBM's Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
SOURCE Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
For further information: Rich Trunzo, Richard.Trunzo@ubm.com, (424) 316-7169; Brooke Matthews, Brooke.Matthews@ubm.com, (310) 857-3752