Web 2.0 Summit Unveils Initial Lineup for 2011 Event Examining the Data Frame
Steve Ballmer, CEO, Microsoft; Andrew Mason, Founder, Groupon; Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter, and More Take the Stage; Many More Revealed in Coming Months
May 11, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO, May 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Web 2.0 Summit, co produced by O'Reilly Media and UBM TechWeb, present the initial list of speakers headlining this year's event. Program Chair, John Battelle , Executive Chairman of Federated Media and Tim O'Reilly, CEO of O'Reilly Media, declare the theme: The Data Frame, analyzing the impact of data as a framing device to understand and discuss the future of the Web. The event welcomes an unprecedented early lineup of industry leaders storming the stage, including Steve Ballmer, CEO, Microsoft; Andrew Mason, Founder, Groupon; and Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter. Web 2.0 Summit takes place October 17-19, 2011 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. For more information visit http://www.web2summit.com/web2011.
The event welcomes this first group of elite speakers, with many more names to be added in the months ahead:
• Steve Ballmer (CEO, Microsoft)
• Genevieve Bell (Director of Interaction & Experience Research Group, Intel Corporation)
• Marc Benioff (CEO, Salesforce.com)
• Stanley Kirk Burrell (MC Hammer)
• Tony Conrad (True Ventures / About.me)
• Dick Costolo (CEO, Twitter)
• Dennis Crowley (Co-founder, Foursquare)
• Michael Dell (CEO, Dell, Inc.)
• Gil Elbaz (Founder, Factual)
• Stephen Elop (CEO, Nokia)
• James Gleick (Author, The Information)
• Vic Gundotra (SVP of Social, Google)
• Reid Hoffman (Founder, LinkedIn)
• David Hornik (Partner, August Capital)
• Ted Leonsis (Founder & Chairman, Monumental Sports & Entertainment)
• Ross Levinsohn (EVP of Americas Region, Yahoo!)
• Andrew Mason (Founder, Groupon)
• Hilary Mason (Chief Scientist, Bit.ly)
• Mary Meeker (Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers)
• Jeremie Miller (Founder, Singly & the Locker Project)
• Beatriz Perez (CMO for North America, Coca-Cola)
• Richard Rosenblatt (Co-founder, Chairman & CEO, Demand Media)
• Peter Vesterbacka (Mighty Eagle, Rovio / Angry Birds)
• Tim Westergren (Founder & Chief Strategy Officer, Pandora)
• Anne Wojcicki (Co-founder, 23andMe)
• Susan Wojcicki (SVP Advertising, Google)
John Battelle, Web 2.0 Summit program chair said, "This year we're spotlighting data and its role in the networked economy, because we live in a world clothed in data. With the incredible lineup we've built so far, we're excited to unveil and examine the matrix of data created by consumers and companies today- the sheer magnitude, power, and opportunity- at Web 2.0 Summit 2011."
In its eighth year, the Summit will focus on "The Data Frame." Consumers now create and consume extraordinary amounts of data. Hundreds of millions of mobile phones weave infinite tapestries of data, in real time. Each purchase, search, status update, and check-in layers our world with more of it. How our industries respond to this opportunity will define not only success and failure in the networked economy, but also the future texture of our culture. And as we're already seeing, these interactions raise complicated questions of consumer privacy, corporate trust, and our governments' approach to balancing the two.
Attendance at Web 2.0 Summit is limited to maintain an intimate setting and foster dialog among participants. Interested parties may request an invitation at http://web2summit.com. Media credentials are extended by invitation only.
Video from Summit 2010:
O'Reilly Media, Inc, spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly has been a chronicler and catalyst of leading-edge development, honing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software Developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands include: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Web 2.0, Black Hat and Enterprise Connect; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading magazines InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading. UBM TechWeb is a part of UBM plc, one of the world's largest media businesses as a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
SOURCE UBM TechWeb
For further information: Natalia Wodecki, +1-415-947-6762, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Joylyn Tanner, +1-415-947-6319, email@example.com, both of UBM TechWeb